We are committed to making our site more accessible and support the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI). Our public content is designed to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
General browser compatibility
You can view this website on a wide range of browsers. We have tested the pages of the site with the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 6.0 and above for PCs
- Firefox Version 2.0 and above for PCs and Macintosh computers
- Safari Version 2 and above for Macintosh computers
Restricted access areas & transactional services
Some functions within the restricted access area are optimised for Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 and above. Our transactional applications are optimised to run under Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 and above.
How to increase the size of text in your browser
- Internet Explorer: View > Text Size. You can also use Tools > Internet options > Accessibility
- Firefox: View > Text Size > Increase Font, or use the keyboard shortcut by pressing Control and +.
- Opera: View > Preferences > Fonts then change Minimum Font Size
- Safari: Safari > Preferences > Advanced then select minimum font size to display
Our approach to accessibility
Our approach to accessibility focuses on ensuring that this site is as usable as possible for real customers with real access issues, rather than on a strict compliance with technical standards. Some of the checks we make when building web pages include:
- Ensuring that navigation throughout the site works in a consistent way
- Never using colour as the only way to convey important information
- Using a standard web font to make it easy for all to read
In most cases, the size of the font can be adjusted according to the user’s needs, using standard browser and operating system optionsscreen reader compatibility where possible
If you have any feedback or experience any problems with our site, do let us know and we’ll do what we can to make it easier for everyone to access.